Would you like your new ERP solution up and running in and little as 35 days? Following feedback from our customers we have recently launched to market a new deployment method for our flagship ERP product. The first of its kind in the UK, Sage ERP X3 can now be implemented in as little as 35 days, using our predefined implementation toolkit designed specifically for UK businesses.
For one week only the Sage ERP X3 Team have taken over the Sage blog, to hopefully answer all your ERP related questions and share with you the thoughts of our business leaders.
Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) – ready to upgrade?
How long do you wait before your current business management system reaches its end and falls over, or you finally admit that your software just isn’t doing what you need it to do? Looking to replace or upgrade your current solution can seem like a daunting task, whether you’re currently using a Sage solution or if you’re looking to make that next jump, to a fully integrated ERP system.
- To handle more transactions and enable business growth.
- To get more meaningful business intelligence.
- To streamline business process, work faster and improve efficiency.
- To consolidate one or more discrete business operations.
- To reduce cost.
Before you begin your search, there are a few things you should take into account:
- Who is the main business sponsor and what are their assumptions and expectations?
- What are the “must haves‟ and what am I prepared to compromise?
- What are the key success criteria and how do I measure it?
- What impact will introducing the solution have on my business?
- How much can I afford to invest?
Don’t fall into the ‘scope creep’ trap: In a recent survey and whitepaper with Computing.com 42% of business respondents said that as ‘Business requirements and objectives were not specified properly at the beginning of the project’; this resulted in delayed implementation and inevitably ‘scope creep’.
Make sure you stick to the key success criteria and set yourself clear goals.
What makes for a successful ERP upgrade?
One of our customers went through exactly this process at the beginning of September last year. They started life on Sage 50 financials, quickly migrating up to the Sage 200 Suite before deciding it was time to look at a fully integrated ERP system, to manage their back-end operations.
With timescales and budget tight, Marussia F1 Team set Sage the challenge to get their new ERP system up and running before the beginning of the first race. With only 8 weeks to meet this challenge, the planning and project scope needed to be water tight.
Kevin Lee Operations Manager, at the Marussia F1 Team tells us why he decided it was time to upgrade:
“It was spreadsheet City,”
“It was purely an accounting system with no stock control or goods receipts and no connections to the operations.”
The Marussia F1 Team’s Operations Manager immediately identified the need for a proper system to control stock, handle purchase orders, link to finance and handle all the back office functions.
“I wanted the best product to do the job and I didn’t want to slow down the process of putting a system in,”
Kevin finds Sage ERP X3 good for manipulating all the data and presenting expenditure in different ways, such as now much has been spent on wind tunnel model parts or how much with the gearbox supplier. It also presents cumulative commitments against a weekly phased budget.
“The technical director understands that we are running to a budget,” concludes Lee. “His task is to ensure that he spends it wisely. I am trying maximising the car’s performance by maximising the amount of money that the technical team has available to make it go faster.”
Natalie Raine, Sage ERP X3 team
- Read the full interview with Accounting Web
- Or go behind the scenes at the Marussia F1 Teams Headquarters and find out how Sage ERP X3 is driving business performance and getting the car ready to race.
- If you would like to speak to us to fully understand what’s needed to make a successful ERP selection call us today 0845 111 99 88 or visit Sage ERP X3